Johns Hopkins University Circulars

 

Soon after The Johns Hopkins University opened in October 1876, they began printing lists of academic regulations and guides to various courses of study. These brief publications soon became a full-fledged journal. In addition to course and program descriptions, the Circulars, as they have been known since the earliest days, also contained brief articles detailing academic research by faculty members. This practice continued until the early 20th century, when the Circulars evolved into a standard "college catalog." One of the most useful parts of the early Circulars were listings of all students enrolled in each course in each semester.

PDF versions of the Circulars exist through 1934, and all such documents are available here. For Circulars 1935 to the present, please contact archives@lists.johnshopkins.edu or visit the Archives, Milton S. Eisenhower Library, Johns Hopkins University, 3400 North Charles Street, Baltimore, Maryland.

Please be aware that many of these documents are very large PDF files - as large as 45 Mb in some cases. Downloading might take a long time, depending on the speed of your internet connection.

Recent Submissions