Urology at Hopkins: a chronicle 1889-1986
MetadataShow full item record
The history of urology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital from 1889 to 1986 written by Dr. William Wallace Scott, who directed the Brady Institute from 1946 to 1974. It encompasses the leadership of the Institute from its inception by Hugh Hampton Young, to William W. Scott, and then to Patrick C Walsh. Highlights include the development of the Brady residency training program by Hugh Hampton Young, the construction of the Brady Building to house the Brady Urological Institute, which was named after the generous donor, James Buchanan Brady, to 1982 when the Institute moved to the renovated Marburg building.