|dc.description||The survey to produce this manuscript map was authorized by Baltimore Ordinance 22 (1797). Map includes extension of wharves into water, a boundary line for the limit of wharf construction, and a portion of Fells Point.
Text on the map begins: “In pursuance of the ordinance of the Mayor and City council…” Title used is that assigned by the Baltimore City Archives as the manuscript map was without a title.
This image is from a copy of the original manuscript map on microfilm. The original manuscript map is held by the Baltimore City Archives under the references below. Included are references for other copies of the manuscript map. References:
BCA, RG12, S. 3, 8 (original manuscript);
BCA, RG12, S. 2, 26 (1816 manuscript copy by Jehu Bouldin);
BCA, RG12, S.5, 26 (1906 linen tracing by James W. Shirley);
BCA, RG12, S.6, 277 (additional linen tracing).||en_US